WBCI Steering Committee
Steering Committee Charge and Overview
The WBCI Steering Committee was formed in 2008, replacing the Coordinating Council, which had guided WBCI since its formation in 2002. The Steering Committee is a nine or eleven member body charged with the responsibility of setting and approving WBCI policy through oversight of WBCI committees and staff. The Steering Committee meets quarterly with meetings open to all WBCI endorsing partners.
Membership of the Steering Committee consists of five permanent members and four or six ad-hoc members that serve a two year term. The five permanent members are: Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WIDNR), U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), Wisconsin Society for Ornithology (WSO) and the Wisconsin Audubon Council. The current ad-hoc members are: LoonWatch, Western Great Lakes Bird and Bat Observatory, Milwaukee County Parks, Raptor Education Group, Wisconsin County Forests Association, and Woodland Dunes Nature Center.
Member Representatives (Alternates) and Officers
- Wisconsin Audubon Council: Karen Etter Hale (Chair); Matt Reetz
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: Sarah Warner; Kurt Waterstradt
- Natural Resources Conservation Service: Steve Bertjens; Matt Otto
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources: Craig Thompson (Secretary)
- Wisconsin Society for Ornithology: Michael John Jaeger
- LoonWatch: Erica LeMoine; Dr. Mark Peterson
- Milwaukee County Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Culture: Brian Russart (Vice-Chair), Julia Robson
- Raptor Education Group: Marge Gibson, Steve Fisher
- Western Great Lakes Bird & Bat Observatory: Bill Mueller; Owen Boyle
- Wisconsin County Forests Association: Gary Zimmer; Jane Severt
- Woodland Dunes Nature Center: Jim Knickelbine; Bernie Brouchoud